Tuesday 20 May 2008

A little light hearted ... why computers crash

Feeling a bit flat - Firefox has crashed so many times on me lately and IE too when I use it . Windows live mail is giving me trouble and I couldn't get into my emails there or on my home private one for a few days ...so if I haven't gotten back to you sorry !

Why Computers Sometimes Crash

Peter Piper picked a peck of programs, and proceeded ponderously to produce a personal computer:-)

Why Computers Sometimes Crash! By Dr. Seuss. (You gotta read this one out loud - it's great!)

If a packet hits a pocket on a socket at a port,
and the bus is interrupted as a very last resort,
and the access of the memory makes your floppy disk abort,
then the packet pocket socket has an error to report.

If your cursor finds a menu item followed by a dash,
and the double-clicking icon puts your window in the trash,
and your data is corrupted cause the index doesn't hash,
then your situation's hopeless and your system's gonna crash!

If the label on the cable on the table at your house,
says the network is connected to the button on your mouse,
but your packets want to tunnel to another protocol,
that's repeatedly rejected by the printer down the hall.

And your screen is all distorted by the side effects of gauss,
so your icons in the window are as wavy as a souse;
then you may as well reboot and let it go out with a bang,
'cuz as sure as I'm a poet, the sucker's gonna hang.

When the copy on your floppy's getting sloppy in the disk,
and the macro code instructions cause unnecessary risk,
then you'll have to flash the memory and you'll want to RAM your ROM,
and then quick turn off the P.C.and be sure to tell your Mom to stay clear out of your room, or else the bugger's sure to bomb!

Well, that certainly clears things up for me. How about you?Thank you, computers, for bringing all this into our lives.

Got to love my computer but my husband hates it but is slowly learning ...except now he has to fight DS for the laptop.He wants to be online too.

I love DR Seuss ... have you seen his nursing (.) (.) poem.

I had some screw-ups to post but they will have to wait ...

5 comments :

jeanie said...

ha ha - very funny seussisms!

Jayne said...

LOL Great, I love that one :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Trish! That is so clever.

You should submit it to one of those humour blog carnivals.

Anonymous said...

Love the Dr. Hope the packets sort themselves out soon:)

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Jeanie: we have just started a few DR S books I love the rhyming

Jayne: it's an oldie but a goodie

Jane :I received it by email a while ago - sadly I am not that funny or clever !

Joh - I know it is giving me the beeps all the sudden crashing.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.