Sunday, 4 November 2007

Family Time



yesterday I came across a new prompt ....@ Wrapped Emotions about expressing yourself (Thanks Tiff @ Three Ring Circus).
This weeks prompt is to Enjoy Your Family.

This is what Melody said, “This week’s prompt is simple. Go, spend time with your family. Do one little bitty special thing with your children or your spouse or your mother or your sibling or your pet. Even if it’s just a great big extra squishy hug…do it.

So….here goes!

Lately, my husband has been very busy working 12- 14 hrs a day on work project. It has been hard both ends.

My first thing was last night to offer my DH a long, soothing back massage ...sorry I couldn't take any photos *wink*

Today we are heading for lunch at Avoca Beach and a little scavenging adventure - save a few things from being landfill that are in a caravan park being demolished. Well , it is to help my DH and to spend the day as a family too.

We have also had my Uncle stay with us helping my DH the last few days. I realised last night how much my Uncle reminds me of my Dad. They look a bit alike (he is 2 yrs older than Dad), sound alike, laugh alike and think alike. Uncanny but I guess being brothers and sharing DNA. I mentioned it to my DH and he agreed he noticed it too.

Seeing my Uncle with my little boys too has made me feel the loss of my Dad more... that he never got to meet them either and they him.

Family is so important and we need to take the extra time and effort to cherish the times we have with them.