Saturday 14 June 2008

Smiley Saturday

I can hardly believe it's Saturday and half way through June already ..well almost.

Around two years ago this weekend I was having my first baby shower for babies 3&4. I can still remember being so overwhelmed with joy and scared at the same time. Today by chance I was browsing some photos in my computer and came across my huge belly pictures and the friends who celebrated with us. With the twins I wanted to wait as long as possible but then everyone else was rushing me . I felt jinxed and guilty. Well unnecessarily so, in the end. It made me smile today remembering the joy in the day.

With ~Charlotte~, the weekend before I heard the words that shattered my life "sorry there is no heartbeat", my SIL was in the midst of discussing details and organising my baby shower and showing me the family bassinet , linens and netting, loving washed and readied for my baby. I never, thank fully in many ways, had a baby shower for her. (We never used that family bassinet either-that's another story).

Other things that made me smile
  • The Icecream cupcakes project post (I know I posted it Thursday) - you have to check it out ...and the links to all the entrants .It make me hungry actually and excited ...then I smiled imagining the joy I am going to have making and eating sharing them.
  • Immy & Maddy's birthday today. Happy 12th Birthday Immy and Happy 12th Birthday Maddy.
  • That I am still riding my exercise bike .I have only missed one day since 2nd June. Today I started a new routine of trying to ride 15mins 3-4 times a day. I tend to get smaller snatches of time so I think it will work better.
  • Learning how to use Compfight and mosaic maker to make cool mosaics.(see below)
  • LOLcats and LOLdogs make me smile everyday and so do my own little monkeys and Matilda. The Tool man continues to call her 'Lucky' and the Brothers chase and call her 'meow' and 'kitteh' ...she is such a character .She has been rescued from the roof about 10 times in last 3 days. The barge boards are off because the Tool man is creating.I thought I had lost her Thursday -never saw her all day. The tool man found her on the roof when he got home. I was so relieved ;)
  • today is World Blood donors Day - are you a blood donor - I smile and give thanks to the many people who gave blood that helped my Dad for a few years when he was battling leukemia.
  • YOU ... yes you ...without you I wouldn't be here blogging. Your warm comments make me smile I ♥ you.
Welcome NCLM visitors - please read my welcome post HERE
See more Smiley Saturday posts at Lightening's Online
Never miss a post

5 comments :

Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

I read your story on Charlotte and I just want to say I am very sorry for your loss. I haven't experienced a loss myself, but I know it's never easy having to lose somebody you love so much. I lost my mum when i was very young. So, that's a personal loss to me.

Anyway, I heart you too.. i keep repeating myself...but your twins are making me smile now as this comment window is just next to the picture of your miracle boys. :)

Maisie said...

There's lots of good ideas on that ice cream cupcake site. Way to go with riding your exercise bike. I need to get back to walking. I took a break for a couple of days and haven't got back to doing it.

Anonymous said...

YOU make me smile!

storyteller said...

I hadn’t thought about it being midway through June, but you’re right! How time flies ;--)
Looks like you’ve got many things to smile about. Congrats on continuing to ride your exercise bike. I need to get myself back to the gym regularly again. I’ve enjoyed LOLcats for a long time … and since learning about LOLdogs, I enjoy them even more! I’ve shared my Smiley Saturday post at Small Reflections.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there was a dog version of lolcats as well!!!

And congrats on the exercising. Go you!!!

Thanks for joining again this week. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.