Thursday 9 April 2009

Be still ...

My days run into nights, then weeks fly by . Life seems to have been spinning out of control the last few months.

I feel disconnected ... from the lists and from my plans.

I don't get done half of what I set out to do.

Do you feel like you can't keep up with life ?

Do you feel there aren't enough hours in the day?

I do... and I bet I am not the only one.

That quiet, still, peaceful time always seems out of reach unless it is midnight LOL.

Be still ... and know that I am God ~ Psalm 46:10.



PS tomorrow I am going to attempt a 24hr technology free day - no mobiles, no internet , no facebook, no emails ... it is easy when the access isn't available. Cheat !


Have a Happy, safe, blessed and restful Easter ... I doubt I'll be resting much (too much food chocolate to eat people and of course my 10,000 steps ) but I'll try.


Never miss a post

11 comments :

Blossom said...

I too,constantly feel like I am playing catch up......

If only I didn't crave sleep soooo much.

Have a lovely Easter.

hugs

M said...

A technology-free day is an excellent idea. If you are really serious about it, document your day and let me know about it 'cos I'd love to see how you go.

Villagepig said...

I have days and days of being behind in EVERYTHING and then suddenly I'll have a couple of frantic days and for a few blissful hours, relish the fact that all immediate things are done.

Then swiish, just as quickly as it came, it is gone. So no, you're not alone :-)

Happy Easter my BFITC (Best friend in the computer of course ;-)).

VP

Debbie said...

No. I get it all done every day.

Ha! Wasn't that funny? I'm still laughing over here. I get further behind with each day. Oh well. There's comfort in knowing that at least:)

Natalie said...

Oh do NOT get me started! AAARGH!

I'll just be still myself, and wish you a Happy Easter.xx♥

Jayne said...

Even a 5 min breather in the midst of chaos helps re-align our balance ;)

Mistress B said...

I've been chasing my tail continuously this year.

Hope you have a nice break.

PlanningQueen said...

I know exactly what you mean. I often wish I had two more hours in each day!

MissyBoo said...

I need more hours in the day, or if I didn't need to sleep I think I could almost catch up :)

MommyWizdom said...

I didn't used to like that song but it seems to haunt me.

:-)

MommyWizdom

Amanda said...

Yes. I feel like that all the time. It's overwhelming at times.

See, I'm behind on reading too :(

How did your tech-free day go?

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.