Sunday 23 October 2011

Spin cycles , tariffs and things that blow.

I wasn't going to post today because to be honest I couldn't get it together or wrap my head around all I need to do this week.

We are now on the sixth week into our caravan road trip and heading south (west) so technically home. Home is not a bad place necessarily but when we get home it will be to pack. The packing grate loads of clutter move ; I am not looking forward to it.
? Name of this bird

Yesterday, I was stuck in our caravan for most of the day due to pissy spitty rain and inclement weather.While my husband laid in bed unwell with some tummy bug I had to entertain the children. I did manage a walk in a dry spell , but due the stench of something, possibly small dead fish on the shoreline at Herron Point, the boys whinged. Then whinged some more or fought. It was a beautiful free camp location with an abundance of birds, especially Pelicans. The lake was a sight to behold as the sun was setting, alas I was inside last night so no pics.
sorry it is fuzzy as they were too far away.

Today, we moved on to Australind , a lovely location near an inlet, unfortunately our site in right next to the road, can't grumble too much @ $26 night.

I needed to wash the endless piles of dirty clothes. Someone left their clothes in the machine, a 25min cycle, for a few hours. Ok, I still one machine was available but the 'sign' people said to remove them at end of load - consider others ... moving on.

Other people had staked claims on the sloping rotary clotheslines - by using all the outside lines , with wide open spaces in between and leaving the inner lines free . I wasn't about to duck beneath their granny undies, y fronts and work clothes, and have them in my hair.*insert whatever word you like*. I made do with a small space. However, as the dark clouds hovered people magically appeared to remove them . Mine are now blowing in the breeze.

Tomorrow, a grassy caravan park site tariff will rise to $66 a night (less 10% caravan park member discount) ...$42 a night, $12 per extra child (or adult). I hope it is worth it.

To date the most expensive park we will have had to pleasure to camp at. The pool better be as good as this one.

Want more grumble posts be sure to drop in on Madam Bipolar’s Grumble Sunday



Sunday Grumble at Madam Bipolar


What have you got to grumble about today ?

Never miss a post