Wednesday 9 April 2014

Sarcoma Update ~ There was a knock at the door - Aye Aye

Youtube and Facebook have been keeping me amused when I wasn't having my leg drained x 3 times x 70+mls each time.

There wasn't a knock at the door ; actually , the phone (twice) rang after a 10 day wait.
First , at 12.09pm I  received a call from local, gangbusting Cancer Care Nurse who said the Radiation Co-ordinator/Planning lady will call me either later today or tomorrow - once she tee'd up a DR to be at the Radiation Planning appointment...

At 12.46pm  Sitting on top of the phone Feeling glad I wasn't forgotten and practicing patience; She CALLED ME ; JOY. She was stellar.

My planning appointment is next Wednesday and I'll start radiotherapy 28th April; 30 treatments over 6-7 weeks. 
While I'm still feeling a bit overwhelmed (or I also prefer dazzled as does my dear friend Kelley)  and tested on many levels , I'm beyond relieved we have a plan.

I haven't been running because don't want to stir up my leg - it seems to be settling with tight compression. NO more weekday paddling *sob* with the change from daylight savings

Now, I have to get our tax finished and get everything in order.

"I run because it's so symbolic of life. You have to drive yourself to overcome the obstacles. You might feel that you can't. But then you find your inner strength, and realise you're capable of so much more than you thought." – Arthur Blank

I am so thankful for the local Cancer Nurse who was liaising for me and my 'crackerjack' Breast Cancer Support Nurse still advocating for me. She is a dragon boat paddler too.

I'm immensely thankful for the team who will be doing the planning and for people praying for me and those sending me emails and messages saying they had been following my blog and I have been in their thoughts.

It’s really hard to put into words how grateful I really am.


What are you thankful for today ?
Thankful Thursday with A Parenting Life