Thursday 3 July 2014

I am running again : Towards Zero

I've barely run in the last 5 months - though I had a my leg feels good enough to run stretch for 2-3 weeks during my radiation treatment. I managed 3-4kms each run and it felt good , I didn't try to overdo it.


Then I had too much pain from radiation burns on my inner and back of thigh (exit or entry? burn). Yesterday, was my first run in over 3 weeks. I ran 5.5km - including warm up walking - over 7km.

My goal - is to raise $1000 +

https://city2surf2014.everydayhero.com/au/trish

Some days are still harder than others , I live each one of them with hope.
Running helps me face the difficulties that life has dumped in my path.



I'm devastated my dreadmill treadmill is out of action.

As I laced up yesterday (for a trail run on the farm) , I signed up and committed to a Gold Entry in City to Surf - to raise $1000 (the first $100 I have paid for).

I've had a lot of doubts whether or not I could do it due to the radiation ; there is no stopping me.
I will stagger or crawl across the line if I have to...though I'd rather a PB.

Running, for me, is as much a mental game as it is a physical one.
I am not fast and even slower since my time out.

"I have not yet reached my goal and I am not perfect. So I keep on running and struggling to take hold of the prize. My friends, I don't feel that I have already arrived. But I forget what is behind, and I struggle for what is ahead." Philippians 3:12-13

I'll do more reading about running distances  - nutrition, cadence, pace setting, hill training (have you conquered Heartbreak hill. It still overwhelms me)

I'll just run , or walk ; not stop till I cross the line.
I will stuff my head with positive thoughts and carb load.

Pizza.
Best excuse ever.

Come race day  I will be nervous and excited.

I'll be chanting -  check your pace, it's your race - don't worry about those passing you !
Then hopefully under 1:30 mins later - I'll celebrate the  r'awesomeness of crossing that line.

No matter the time or the effort.

It doesn't come easy for me , I want my sons to see me active and know that if you put your mind to something it's possible to do it. We joined our local Park run - 3km each Friday (except I've missed the last 3 but will run again this week)


I'm running 14km City to Surf to raise funds for National Breast Foundation Australia, if you would like to sponsor me - every $ or [$10.00] counts ;) - sponsor me here


https://city2surf2014.everydayhero.com/au/trish

I love 90 people to each sponsor me $10 or more if you are able so I can reach my target. Ten dollars to make a difference.

Too many mothers, sisters, aunts, nanas are being diagnosed and lost to Breast Cancer . My friend , 2 yrs out from treatment , has just found her breast cancer has spread to her hip and she is facing another round of Chemo and radiation. I saw her , so devastated and gutted at the Oncology unit the day she found out 3 weeks ago.

It was only by chance and it motivated me to run for both of our sakes to give all those diagnosed a hope for the future.

Zero deaths by 2030

Are you running the City to Surf ?
If I see you come get a hug or a high five !

I am so thankful I haven't lost the zest for running , though there is quite a bit more huffy puffy breathing at the moment.

I am thankful for second chances.

Linking up with Thankful Thursday




PS: my update currently $488.25 - Everything counts , don't be shy !