Friday 23 September 2011

Grateful for Whales and windless travelling

I am very grateful that the diabolical winds of the past week eased so we had a pleasanter day's traveling on our road-trip. It meant we got better fuel economy across the Nullabor, than we have been getting. (Just so you know - Petrol was $2.02 (premium $2.10) , Autogas $124.9 at Nullabor ...it still beats walking.)




It was a spectacular sight to see the Southern Right Whales at Head of Bight, SA . We saw several cows and their calves at the Head of Bight Interpretive Centre . An amazing experience indeed , breathtakingly grateful for the privilege. The vista of the cliffs , coastline and ocean was stunning too.


We have been on the road a week today and have almost crossed the SA / WA border. We are 10kms E of Border Village on SA /WA border tonight. We are camped (in our cosy caravan) at a designated free camp in bushland right on the coastline. It was getting too dark to safely go for a walk [cliffs ?] but I will in the morning.It is also very windy and cold.I am grateful for free camp$.



I'm very grateful for my iPad and mobile wifi that are keeping me connected to my world. I have only had limited access at the moment so I apologise if I have missed replying to comments or visiting your blogs.

I'm grateful my little Lego lads are enjoying playing Lego- Duplo in the car as we clock up the miles to get to WA. Remember to enter my new Lego Hero factory giveaway.





Maxabella's Grateful is over at Lioness lady today.