Friday 28 November 2014

Slow Cooker ~ Irish Cream Fudge

....with knobs, glugs and a dash .


I am already on the naughty list so let the pendulums of fate swing wide (as my @ss will be if I continue to indulge).


I am going to roll some into little balls for the stockings ...

I eat food but I'll never be a food blogger.


I came across the Slow Cooker Fudge phenomenom nom - oh so easy.

1 tin condensed milk 
440gm of chocolate
35 gms (or a knob) butter
1tsp vanilla extract (dash)
 

Place all ingredients in the slow cooker for about 1hr on low (preheated empty on high) stir every 10-15min between instagraming and facebook updates until melted and all melded  together ...you can see where the spoon has been.

You will notice it thickening as you stir and taking form. It's ready !
Finally , add 2 shots (glugs) Irish cream to the mixture not your mouth [I used Aldi's version - there is also Bailey's] and stir in well before placing into a lined / greased square tin. [It gives a good even height]
I just noticed they have white choc Irish cream now ...mmm.

Place in the fridge to set for as long as you can resist a few hours  or overnight .

I don't have time for stylin' - the ants will beat me to it. Have you any tips for getting rid of ants ?
  

I used baby slow cooker , you may need to adjust the cooking time.

(# 2 full blocks - I used whatever I had a mix of premium milk and white baking chocolate , regular choc and handful of milk buds - the mass is not critical and if you only have one block use less condensed milk and adjust recipe to suit) 

I only used one shot of liquor because I didn't want the kids to eat MINE. I sprinkled a dash of leftover coloured candy choc bits. Their version while it still tastes good is not as smooth and delish as the Irish cream Fudge.


Do you find cooking terms annoying or funny ...glugs, knobs and dashes !

Glugs are yes well pretty much self explanatory. thumbsup
Knob...such an amusing word .A knob of butter is defined as an isosceles right-angled tetrahedron whose adjacent is equal to half the height of the block of butter .Whatever ?
or some say use a male appendage for comparison.
Now a dash - isn't that a streak from the bathroom to the bedroom naked ...

You might feel that you can't resist . But then you find your inner strength, and realise you're capable of so much more than you thought. – Arthur Blank


I cut one piece into miniatures so I can nibble all day. Seriously.

Since the boys weren't home I also had to do all their dirty work and lick the bowl clean ...well I used my spatula , like a lady you know.

 What other combinations should I try ?